Tuesday, 7 April 2009

A little old-time Razzamatazz!


Again, a little tardy on this, given my journeys around this sceptred isle in the past few weeks, for which I can only profer my heartfelt apologies!

Unfortunately, however, these journeys did not enable the inclusion of "the world's greatest showcase of international burlesque talent" which is the London Burlesque Festival .

Now in its third year, the festival ran from 1-5 April, and included sultry song, sizzling strip tease, vaudeville variety and Burlesque pageantry, with established stars too many to mention (including Honey Moon, Ivy Paige, Mademoiselle Katarina, Millicent Binks, and Dita von Teese) and the rising stars of ‘Neo Burlesque’ competing in the Burlesque ‘Battle Royale’, a showcase and competition featuring 25 of Burlesque’s newest starlets & troupes from across the UK.

With music by Jarmean & DJ Jean-Paul S├ęculaire, Desmond O’Connor & DJ Chaz Royale, the festival is rapidly becoming a mainstay on the burlesque calendar, and provide the chance to step back from the hurly-burly of the modern, depressing, world, and into the glamourous eternal theatre of light and happiness!

2 comments:

  1. My dear, I haven't been to such a show before. I wonder if there are similar performances in St. Louis.

    P.S.
    I included a link to your blog in my journal. http://steampunkalchemist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, M'lady!

    I believe there may indeed be, Ms Boron! Indeed, the burlesque scene in St Louis appears to be on the rise and thriving. You might like to try http://lofistl.ning.com/group/shimmyshack or http://www.thevitalvoice.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000021/002168.htm

    ReplyDelete